This 10-minute video is from John W. Schoenheit of Spirit & Truth Fellowship International. John is a biblical research man of the highest order. We share very similar backgrounds in biblical research and teaching. He is easy to understand, his depth of knowledge is rare, his excitement for the Word of God is obvious. The truth that emanates from his heart and mouth as he teaches the Word is healing. He has been a major blessing to my life.
The topic of the Permanance of Salvation is a a crucial one for all Christians. To be honest, most Christians do not understand this subject. Most Christians have been led to think that they can lose their eternal life. It is a shame, not knowing the scriptures, that they are afraid they do not have it, or could lose it if they are not perfect enough. This philosophy is evil and is so pervasive. This false doctrine of losing salvation ruins many believers lives and takes so much joy out of their lives. Thinking that you can lose your eternal life because you are not good enough (or been too bad) contradicts the Word of God and is the same as saying that the work and suffering of Christ is not good enough to bring salvation to any man.
I know that there are a handful of scriptures that seem to indicate that you can lose eternal life. But, many of those can be understood in light of the fuller context, where it aligns with the truth about the permanence of salvation.
Let’s hear what John has to say:Vodpod videos no longer available.
Fully Equipped For His Work
by David M. Augenstein
God desires that his believers and his church be fully equipped for any work, ready to meet any situation. God uses the analogy of the human body to show how the church, the body of Christ, is to function. Like a good athlete is highly trained and outfitted with the best equipment or an experienced craftsman with the best tools, believers are to be equipped with an accurate knowledge of God’s Word. Then we can be victorious in the spiritual contest that we are engaged by winning out over the massive deception and subtle lies of the Adversary.
The Master Craftsman
How wonderfully magnificent God made the human body. Like all of God’s creations, the closer we look at it the more beauty we see in the intelligent design behind it, for He is the master designer and the master craftsman. All the knowledge of medical science shows the human body, such as the brain or the eyes, a marvelous work. And yet we do not know everything there is to know about it; in fact, there seems to be no end to what can be learned! (more…)
The verse II Tim 2:15 from the King James Version (KJV) has been commonly (and almost solely) used to admonish people to study the scriptures. In this paper, we will see the meaning is far greater.
by David M. Augenstein
A familiar and fascinating scripture in the Bible is found at II Timothy 2:15.
2Tim 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
This verse from the King James Version (KJV) has been commonly (and almost solely) used to admonish people to study the scriptures. This builds a mind picture of using concordances, lexicons, Greek interlinears, learning Hebrew basics, etc. so that we can study the scriptures, rightly dissect them and thus stand approved before God. (more…)
We Are Precious, Living Stones
by David Augenstein
Editors: Ann Augenstein, Geri Janovyak
Jesus Christ is called a precious, living stone in I Peter 2. Believers are also called living stones.
1Pe 2:4-5 To whom coming (coming unto Christ), [as unto] a living stone, disallowed (rejected) indeed of men, but chosen of God, [and] precious,
Ye also, as lively (living) stones, are (being) built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
Just what does it mean to be as a living stone? Stones have no life; they are dead.In this study, we will see how God builds from His master plan, stone by stone, using the Bible as our blueprint and how OT prophesy is revealed and made plain with NT revelation. We will find that the temple of the Old Covenant (built with huge, costly stones hewn by the hands of men) was a foreshadow (a physical type) of the temple of the New Covenant (the spiritual antitype) which is the church, the spiritual temple, Christ being the chief and precious cornerstone and set upon the foundation which He laid. We, the believers, are the precious, living stones of which the spiritual temple is being built. (more…)
The purpose of this study is to examine how we got the Bible, what it is good for, consider if it is reliable and true, and what to do with it.
Origin, Purpose and Reliability
By David M. Augenstein
Let’s face it. Most people, even many Christians, do not know much about the Bible. In fact, many of them are confused as to what it says and question its integrity and authority. Then there are many people like me, who know some of it—enough to realize how little we know and how much there is to learn.
The purpose of this study is to examine how we got the Bible, what it is good for, consider if it is reliable and true, and what to do with it. This study is for the believers to further their knowledge. It is also written to the unbelievers or Bible skeptics that they may reconsider.
Reasons to Trust the Bible
There are many reasons why we can and should trust the Bible and seriously consider it for what it says. Here are five major reasons:
1. We received the Bible consisting of 66 books by over 40 writers, written over a space of over 1300 years—covering a 4000-year history, yet each of the books of the Bible supports the other and does not contradict. This is explained simply by the fact the one Author is God– as the word proclaims! (Wherever we have an apparent contradiction, it is due to our misunderstanding, improper application of the keys to interpretation or an error in translation.)
2. Hundreds of biblical prophecies have already come to pass. These prophetic fulfillments can be verified not only within the Bible but many prophecies can also be historically documented in great detail! This cannot be claimed of the other sacred books of religions. (more…)
Here is a research, teaching and fellowship ministry called Spirit and Truth Fellowship International. The reason I like them (I have watched them for several years) is they focus on the accuracy of God’s Word and teaching others how to study it. They make more sense than anybody out there I know. They are also very liberal with making their articles and video teachings available online and free of charge. Here are their top articles– you should enjoy them, they will answer many questions and they will challenge those areas of your doctrines, perhaps, that you may have to unlearn. So, for some, these articles might be upsetting.
30 most read articles
· 1: What does the Bible say about the Doctrine of the Trinity / Triune Godhead? – (290087 Reads)
· 2: Tithing [tenth, 10 percent to church] vs. Giving – 2 Corinthians 9:6-7 – (267825 Reads)
· 3: What is Speaking / Talking in Tongues and why does God say to do it? – (202567 Reads)
· 4: Who is Jesus Christ? The Savior, Redeemer, Mediator, Lord, Only-begotten… – (135362 Reads)
· 5: What is Spirit & Truth Fellowship International? – (64238 Reads)
· 6: What Can We Learn from the Bible About the Devil? – (52483 Reads)
· 7: 23 Arguments for the Historical Validity of the Resurrection of Jesus Christ – (51490 Reads)
· 8: Understanding taking holy communion [and service] from a biblical perspective – (42968 Reads)
· 9: What Does the Bible say [mean] about being Slain in the Spirit? – (42012 Reads)
· 10: What is an Evangelist? – (41990 Reads)
· 11: What does the Bible [God] say about drugs [pharmakeia] / drinking alcohol? – (41269 Reads)
· 12: What is an Apostle? – (40037 Reads)
· 13: Our Statement of Beliefs. We believe the Bible is God’s heart revealed to… – (39956 Reads)
· 14: Watch free Bible study teaching videos online. Great for researching sermons – (34365 Reads)
· 15: What is Hell [eternal fire]? Translated Hades, Gehenna [Greek] Hebrew Sheol – (33628 Reads)
· 16: Free Bible-based audio [Podcast] teachings for learning / studying the Bible – (31883 Reads)
· 17: How many others [robbers, malefactors, thieves] were crucified with Jesus? – (27513 Reads)
· 18: Is Allah [Arabic for Moslem’s God] the same God of the Christian’s Bible? – (27451 Reads)
· 19: What is a Prophet / Prophetess [Seer, nabiy] according to Scripture / Bible – (26866 Reads)
· 20: Romans 10:9,10 Becoming a Christian: Why? What? How? [saved, born again] – (26665 Reads)
· 21: Contact information for TruthOrTradition.com, Spirit & Truth Fellowship, CES – (24777 Reads)
· 22: What does the Bible say about the cremation of a dead body? Is it right or wrong – (22178 Reads)
· 23: What does the Bible [God] say about fasting [tsuwm] from food and non-food? – (21933 Reads)
· 24: Looking for Like-minded Christian Fellowship in your Area? – (21373 Reads)
· 25: Which parts of the Bible are written to you? All Scripture is not written direct – (20709 Reads)
· 26: What does the Bible [God] say about masturbation? Scriptures for / against it – (20405 Reads)
· 27: One God & One Lord: Reconsidering the Cornerstone of the Christian Faith – (20364 Reads)
· 28: The Tithing Dilemma By Ernest L. Martin. Tithing is a biblical law. But so is… – (19834 Reads)
· 29: Free Bible Study Guide. Will help you research and understand the Bible – (19242 Reads)
· 30: What is Interpretation of Tongues and how do you do it? 1 Corinthians 14:13 – (18976 Reads)